Friday 19 February 2016

Too Long Again

It's been over two months since I last made a blog post and I've thought if I am going to put a link on my Flickr posts, there should be something for people to read. My last two posts were bemoaning the lack of decent weather and for us working people with only weekends to get out, it doesn't look like this weekend will be any better.
Looking around for some other avenue to channel my photographic need, I've spent a good few hours reading a variety of blogs and articles on both wildlife and landscape subjects. On the occasions when we have had good light, I've taken the opportunity to experiment with camera and lens combinations. As I rely on converters to give me the reach I need for wildlife, it has been a worthwhile exercise to find what does and doesn't work. It has given me excellent information to work with when the weather improves and I have to say lifted me out of the gloom I was feeling.
With the lack of images from recent months, I've had to resort to this image of the most photographed bird in Africa, the Lilac-breasted Roller for this post. It was taken two years ago in the Thornybush Reserve in South Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment